Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Positive HSV-1 without any symptoms
    An_253060 posted:
    Please help me interpret my results:

Herpes 1 IGG AB - Outside range / 37.7(Positive)

Herpes 2 IGG AB - Within Range / 0.1 (Negative)

Should I get retested given the high igg result for HSV-1?

I'm 24 had unprotected sex twice and kissed about 5 women. I've gotten tested for STDs in the past but always came back negative. But, I'm not sure if herpes serology was included.

I'm freaking out and feeling depressed. I've never had cold sores on or around my mouth or my genitals. I plan on getting retested and speaking to my DR sometime next week.

Skywalker1911 responded:
    Didn't mean to post anonymously...

Some additional info... The doctor said not to worry about as most people have the virus through kissing or from when they were a child. I asked him about medication and he said there's none until I have and outbreak. I feel so alone...

georgiagail responded:
    Well, you can certainly get retested but keep in mind most adults carry this virus (having picked this up in childhood) and most of us rarely or never have an outbreak.

Gail

georgiagail replied to Skywalker1911's response:
    In addition, your physician was correct in what you were told regarding medication.

Gail

Skywalker1911 replied to georgiagail's response:
    Thanks Gail

Can anyone add any color on why my igg was so high? Can this be a sign that it's a false positive?

Skywalker1911 responded:
    Can anyone add any color on why my igg was so high? Can this be a sign that it's a false positive?

Doubtful anyone here knows that. It sounds like your own physician trusts the lab results. However, if you question these results, you can always consider doing a retest.

Gail

Skywalker1911 responded:
    Also, any possible way to know if this is oral or genital?

Nope...

Gail

Helpful Tips

Don't waste time on this site.
    Please do not embarrass yourselves with asking these virtual medical advice people anything real important. I didn't even get an answer. More
    Was this Helpful?
    0 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.