Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Positive HSV-1 without any symptoms
An_253060 posted:
Please help me interpret my results:

Herpes 1 IGG AB - Outside range / 37.7(Positive)

Herpes 2 IGG AB - Within Range / 0.1 (Negative)

Should I get retested given the high igg result for HSV-1?

I'm 24 had unprotected sex twice and kissed about 5 women. I've gotten tested for STDs in the past but always came back negative. But, I'm not sure if herpes serology was included.

I'm freaking out and feeling depressed. I've never had cold sores on or around my mouth or my genitals. I plan on getting retested and speaking to my DR sometime next week.

Skywalker1911 responded:
Didn't mean to post anonymously...

Some additional info... The doctor said not to worry about as most people have the virus through kissing or from when they were a child. I asked him about medication and he said there's none until I have and outbreak. I feel so alone...

georgiagail responded:
Well, you can certainly get retested but keep in mind most adults carry this virus (having picked this up in childhood) and most of us rarely or never have an outbreak.

Gail

georgiagail replied to Skywalker1911's response:
In addition, your physician was correct in what you were told regarding medication.

Gail

Skywalker1911 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail

Can anyone add any color on why my igg was so high? Can this be a sign that it's a false positive?

Skywalker1911 responded:
Can anyone add any color on why my igg was so high? Can this be a sign that it's a false positive?

Doubtful anyone here knows that. It sounds like your own physician trusts the lab results. However, if you question these results, you can always consider doing a retest.

Gail

Skywalker1911 responded:
Also, any possible way to know if this is oral or genital?

Nope...

Gail

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.