Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

UTI or STD or what? inflamed dull pain in urethral opening
throwaway384023702 posted:
So its cliche but I got drunk and had unprotected sex with a girl ive known for a few months and trust.

A few days after, I noticed a dull pain coming from the tip of my penis.
Also my testicles had like a splotchy red rash that went away (last time that happened it was because I used shampoo to jerk off and it caused like a chemical peel, dried out and peeled but fine now)

5 days on and my symptoms are:
-Occasional dull pain coming from the tip of my urethra
-no pain while urinating
-after masturbating today, it was more painful and more red on the opening. sort of inflamed on the 'lips?' around the urethra (bilateral inflammation)
-testicles are normal
-lymph nodes are swollen (neck)
-a feeling in your neck like right before you get a cold,

so yeah after searching the web for a while and not finding anything definitive, its pointing towards either a UTI or a mix of a cold and an abrasion/irritation of the urethra.

i plan on talking to my doc, I just wanted to see what you guys have to say

abe648 responded:
Like you said it could be "either a UTI or a mix of a cold and an abrasion/irritation of the urethra." The urethra sounds like a UTI which could have been passed to you from this girl. But the best thing to do is go and be seen somewhere asap to have this looked at and get it checked and if needed get a swab/culture of the area. Have you been tested for all STI'S recently. If not get full STI testing done and make sure that you also get a "type speciffc IgG blood test done for HSV 1 & 2. Ask for a copy of the test and post the numeric results on here so someone can help you confirm your status. The reason why I emphasize getting the HsV testing done is that many people have HSV 1 or 2 and have no idea they have it as they may not have any symptoms. Also talk to the gal and tell her what is going on and she may need to get a HSV testing done like i recommended that you get done to see what her status is as well if she has not had this done recently or not at all. God Bless you and come back and tell us what you found out so we can learn from this as well.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.