Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Cut or HSV on Tailbone? Pics Inside
Afd1469 posted:
Yesterday morning after working out and sweating a lot in my tight boxer briefs, I got in the shower and the skin on my tailbone itched suddenly and I scratched it hard with my finger nail. It was then burning after that, so I looked at it in the mirror and it looks like it does in the picture, only yesterday it was slightly bigger and redder.

Well, I practice safe sex with my girlfriend, but she has HSV2 and has for 13 years. Last weekend we were intimate and she did not have any outbreak, and we had sex vaginally and orally, but still work a condom.

Let me also state that I have HSV1: I've hard two cold sores in my life as a young kid.

Fast foward to five days after her and I had sex. I wake up, go the gym, all is normal, sweat, hit the shower, get this SUDDEN itch, scratch it too hard, and now I have this rash/cut/etc. It doesn't hurt or burn, but I know a lot about HSV due to my experience and I understand that the first outbreak can be different for everyone.

Would this be an OB? I've been blood tested as resent as four months ago and it was negative.

Would my first outbreak be on my tailbone? Again, no pain, feel no tingling or prodormal activity, and I scratched the crap out of it; hence I think it's just a scratch.

I felt no tingling, burning, pain, nothing. I feel completely fine! So I think it's a jock itch/rash as the result of sweating in tight shorts and a cut that I made myself. There are no bumps or anything. No puss. I don't think you could even get a culture of it.

It's still there, gotten smaller since yesterday, but I still have to ask. My girflriend and friends say it's nothing, but, I want to be 100% sure and not 90%. See the pic below. Thanks guys and girls!

abe648 responded:
I did not look at your photo's. In fact it is against WebMD rules to post photo's.

Since your gf has HSV 2 then I would hope that you know what an ob looks like or at least your gf told you what it looks like. Ask her to look at it and see if she thinks it is HSV 2.

HSV 2 can occur anywhere in what is called the "boxer short area" which is anywhere a pair of boxer shorts would cover..

If you do not think that a culture could be taken then at this point I would wait and see how it heals and also wait for 3 months and get retested for HSV 2. You know that you either have it or you do not. At this point there is nothing you can do if you do infact have HSV 2. So I would monitorr it and then get retested in 3 months. The odds of you getting HSV 2 is 4% if you avoid sex when she has an ob. and If she is on suppressive therepy of Valtrex or Valacyclovir it drops to 2%. Your chances only go down to 1% if you use a condom. So if you are not using a condom for birth control then there is only a 1% reduction by using a condom.

As I am sure that you well know there are many discordant couples where one person has HSV 2 and the other person does not. I have HSV 2 and have had it for over 30 years and my wife still does not have it so take precautions like you always do and love your gf unconditionally.

God Bless the two of you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Afd1469 replied to abe648's response:
Thanks very much for your response. You are correct in all your advice. Cheers!

abe648 replied to Afd1469's response:
This does not sound like herpes but just monitor it and if you think it is then go and get tested. What does your gf think this? She would have a good idea if it is herpes or not.

Sounds more like you got the tailbone area aggrivated and it should settle down. Let me know how things go. We are here to help you and so we also like to hear what the final outcome is.
Abe
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.