Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HPV and masturbation w/ dirty hands
nebraskalove posted:
I went to the ER yesterday because I have this constant ongoing vaginal irritation and somewhat of a lot of discharge. I've been diagnosed before with bv and yeast a few times in the past 8 months. The doctor took a look inside my vagina which was painful since I'm a virgin. She didn't look at the cervix because she didn't have the equipment long enough to see that far, also the er doesn't offer Pap smears and I'm only 20. I masturbated in the past without washing my hands and I know a few times in high school years at home I experimented putting my finger inside my vagina without clean hands. I guess I was around 15 or 16 can't really be sure though. I know hat viruses can live on surfaces and now I'm terrified that I've been masturbating with dirty hands since maybe 5 years that I contracted hpv and now I already have cervical cancer and that's why I have irritation and discharge. The er found nothing abnormal so far. Also, sometimes when I go in to get check they don't find yeast or bv but just say its normal irritation I'm feeling. I don't know what to do since I'm going crazy thinking I already have cancer.

georgiagail responded:
You don't have cervical cancer.

If you want a Pap smear, make an appointment with a Gynecologist.

Gail

tlkittycat1968 responded:
You cannot get HPV from masturbating with dirty hands. HPV is spread via sexual contact.

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.