Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Questions about chlmydia. Please HELP!
LittleWing23 posted:
I found out this week that I may have chlmydia from an ex boyfriend. I've made an appointment to get tested and have a pap but the doctor couldn't get me in until next week and I'm freaking out I'm the meantime. I could have had this for up to three years but ive never noticed any symptoms or felt sick and now i have to tell my current boyfriend that he may have it too!! I have a few questions that may help. First of all if I've had it for so long am I now infertile? Will the doctor be able to give me a prescription for both me and my boyfriend if i do have it or does he have to be seen separately? If it is just a bacteria can it be flushed out on its own or do you have it until treated? I'm scared that there could be permanent damage to me and my boyfriend and could really use professional advice. Please help!!!!!

georgiagail responded:
Find out first if you even have this before you ask these other questions.

If you test positive you will need to be treated. It doesn't just vanish on it's own. Depending on your physician they may provide your boyfriend with the medication for treatment also since Chlamydia is an easy STD to transmit to others.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.