Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Hellllppppp
An_253420 posted:
I am a 20 year old female who is suffering from some interesting things. About a week ago I noticed 2 canker sore things on my gentians over the course of 4 days it got worse. I went to the doctor last Thursday and the nurse immediately said it was herpes. She took a swab and I also had some blood work done which should be back Tuesday. Now the last time I had sex was over a month ago and I told the guy and he said he had not experienced any symptoms. Over the past 5 months i have experienced what i thiught was a yeast infection but would come and go. my ex and i were both tested back in April and everything was negative. I have been very stressed the past two weeks and some other symptoms include a severe headache lasting over 24 hours, weakness, fever, night sweats, my legs and arms have a tingle sensation, eyes feel heavy and of course the painful genital sores which never started out as blisters. I really don't believe I have herpes because after my research in which I am also a nursing student, I found it quite odd all these things could be connected. See I was hospitalized back in January for hemoglobin levels at a 3, when I left the hospital they were at a 5 and then a week later an 8. My doctors assumed I have iron deficiency anemia since i was 15 that just worsened but my thoughts are different. Now of course there is an anemia problem but could it be vasculitis where my red blood cells die and new ones don't produce fast enough caused by Behçet's disease. Along with that when I was 14 I was diagnosed with a rare skin disorder forgot what it's called but the doctors said the capillaries in my legs were swollen causing painless slightly raised red patches. I feel all of this has to be connected. I will let you know of my results please help

abe648 responded:
This does sound like genital herpes from what you describe. I would get a hold of the guy you had been intimate with and get him to get a "type specific IgG blood test" to see what his status is. Ask him to ask his provider for a copy of the numeric test results and post them on here so you can confirm if he dos or does not have herpes.

You should also ask for a copy of teh swab results and if they say it is herpes then ask them which type it is? If they say it has to be HSV 2 then that sounds like they are guesing and so ask them to type the coulture so you know ff it is HSV 1 or HSV 2. Also ask your provider for a copy of your numeric blood test resuls and post them on here so someone can confirm your status. Here is a link of things you can do to make you feel better till these heal.

http://forums.webmd.com/3/sexual-conditions-and-stds-exchange/forum/4730/7

God Bless you as you move forward espescially if it is herpes
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

crblackful replied to abe648's response:
My results came back Negative for all Stds The HSV 1&2 test were 0.9 IGM test. They said I tested positive for a yeast infection and gave me an antibiotic now after about a week I still have one ulcer which is slowly disappearing and a little irritation. I plan on getting a biopsy of the sore on Monday to just be sure of everything. My doctor explained a long term yeast infection can cause sores and more than likely I've had the infection since May where symptoms were mild just itchy and uncomfortable but would go away after a daily shower.

abe648 replied to crblackful's response:
Be very thankful that it is only a bad yeast infection. The HSV 1 & 2 at 0.9 should be OK perhaps ask the Doc what the full values were. A proper IgG blood test for HSV should have two figures like les than 0.90 or what ever it said. Anything over 0.91 could be a positive with further testing or could turn up to be a false positive.

Since you are a in nursing you can tell others what to watch for when it comes to inffections and how what seems to be an STD can be something else.

Here is an article that I hope you will findinteresting and it helps to give the vagina a proper PH balance. As noted it is important to get a good Probiotics when using this to keep the vagina health and if you find it works then in your field you can pass it on to other women. Do not click on the site as I found it takes you to the wrong site but copy and paste into your browser.

http://www.womenshealthmatters.ca/health-resources/health-information/resources/feature-article/probiotics-their-role-in-womens-health-(womens-health-matters-article )

If you do try it and you find it helpful let me know so i can again recommend it to other women.

God Bless you as you hopefully are now on the road to recoveery.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.