Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Need expert opinion
mtapollo posted:
I performed oral sex, fellatio and anal rimming, on an individual yesterday. He says he is tested clean and I have no reason to doubt that. My concern is in the fact that I had, still have, a cut on my tongue that is not 100% healed. I'm aware this was not a smart thing to do. The cut was pretty large initially and had been healing for 6 days at the time. It had stopped hurting and looked normal, not raw at all, but still not closed up completely for a couple days and just slipped my mind that it was still there.

I always practice safe sex and do not get with random people...this whole forgetting I had a wound is foolish though. Again, this person says they are tested clean. Any advice is greatly appreciated...and yes I'm going to wait a week and get tested again.

mtapollo responded:
Btw...what I'm looking for are opinions on the risks of hepatitis exposure and how long before I would see symptoms of infection of any kind.

Thanks

georgiagail replied to mtapollo's response:
Very likely you would not see symptoms of any kind.

Testing would be recommended at the 90 day mark.

Gail

mtapollo replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks for your reply.

I decided to get tested tomorrow and see what they say about the incident, then again in a month or so. Obviously I'm concerned about my health and any STD I could get, not just hep. I'm quite positive I received that vaccination, also.

I understand this was a risky activity...but could you comment on the likelihood of catching something from it when the partner says they are regularly tested clean?

georgiagail replied to mtapollo's response:
If you receive a vaccination for Hepatitis, it would possibly be for "A" and "B"; not the "C" strain since there currently is no vaccine for that strain at this time. However, keep in mind that Hepatitis, like HIV is a fairly difficult virus to pick up.

Whether you could "catch" anything from a partner who says they are regularly tested (and test clean) depends, of course, on how truthful the partner is regarding this information.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.