Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

gonorrhea and chlamydia
Anon_183567 posted:
I have reason to believe my husband gave me a STD (thinking Chlamydia or Gonorrhea). We were having issues late 2012/ early 2013. We've both have been having issues with our genital area, thinking it was other issues. I have a doctor's appointment next week for an unrelated issues. At that appointment can I request my gynecologist test me for these STDs? Is there an insurance issue that comes with this (I have an HMO). How are test results for STDs handled; if its positive will that office tell me over the phone or is it required that I make another appointment for these results. We have been together 12 years/ married 3.

georgiagail responded:
Yes;you can certainly request STD testing at that appointment. How the results will be handled will depend on the policy of your particular physicians office.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.