Skip to content
HPV experiece
NotLookingNow posted:
I was diagnosed with high risk HPV when I was 18 trying to get contraceptives. I went insane of course and I really did not want to go on. The lady that told me my results was not helpful; she looked at me with a sad face feeling sorry for me. Luckily I had insurance through my fathers military retirement plan. I went to a gynecologist who to this day now that I am 24 still see for all my needs. She did not see it as anything our of the ordinary. I was treated for my HPV... got something called a Freezing and God knows what else. It was painful but since then I've only had very tiny outbreaks such as a single wart especially when I get a vaginal infection and I take the one dose pill its a for sure wart so I try to stick to the 7 day creams.

I have never told my family becuase I am ashamed of it but I am sure maybe even they are diagnosed with it. I have only told one partner and that was my only long term relationship which I ended. On the rest of my encounters I've used a condom but there have been times where its a heat of the moment and it happens. I am still under contraceptive because I am no where near ready to have a child but I am still ashamed of it. I don't want a relationship either because I feel like I will never be able to be happy with one person.

Anyway my point is; What is that procedure for that they gave me? The freezing
And anyone living with this; how do you cope with it and how do you gain the courage to speak of it?
georgiagail responded:
Sounds like you underwent Cryotherapy. This is just one of the therapies available for this very common virus:


Helpful Tips

genital herpes
just want somebody else out there that i could talk to i have had herpes for 8 years and i have some questions, if someone would please ... More
Was this Helpful?
24 of 45 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.