Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Oral Herpes?
An_253510 posted:
I am always extremely paranoid about getting herpes. 2 nights ago i hooked up with a girl i kinda know at a bar, we ended up making out a bunch that night and ending on that note. As always.. i end up getting paranoid. Ive always had a fordyce spot or two out of place that got me worried but today i looked and got awful scared. Im literally shaking as i type this, i fear the worst. My lips are usually a tad bit chapped because im a heavy smoker, and they just healed up. I looked at myself in the mirror and saw one small white bubble which i was unable to capture, but upon closer inspection i saw this and it scared the crap out of me. Will someone with experience/familiarity please give me some input? Is this definitely herpes or can it be something else? I realize this is not a definite.. id just really like some input. Let me also add that it seems to be contained to the places where my lips were chapped, and pretty much just on the top lip. Thanks in advance, picture is attached.
http://i.imgur.com/oiT6YOs.jpg

georgiagail responded:
If infected over this event, it would be too early for the lesion to appear.

Ironically you're a heavy tobacco abuser but fear herpes?

Gail

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.