Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Zits or the Herpes
An_253539 posted:
I will get right to the point. A couple of weeks ago I had protected sexual relations with a woman I now know was questionable. Then a couple of days ago, I found about 4 to 5 red zit-like pimples on my inner thigh. No pain in them, other than the usual sensitivity you can get with a zit, and only one of them did. So I tried to pop them. I got a solid little bead of white pus it iseemed, then blood, then some clear liquid, then blood again. Now only one hurts, but that is because I try to pop even more of it everyday and I keep worrying that it might be genital herpes because of the location and the number there. I have been freaking out and consulted my most trusted friend and they said it looked like zits and I should be fine. I also work out a lot with compression shorts, and have been told it could be from that. Since I have pretty much torn them apart, they look pretty irritated and look like wounds now, but before not so much. I am going to the doctor in a day for blood work and just wanted to hear any other opinions on it before I go in.

abe648 responded:
what you have does not sound like Herpes. What you have from what you describe is Zits. Herpes will usually on the first outbreak will be very painful if it is the first outbreak. Regardless if you had herpes you would get a blister type of area which could have one or more like this and they would build up with fluid (like water substance) and if left un touched they would burst and drain and heal on there own. If you are going to get tested then the best time for most STI'S testing is 90 days after exposure of possible infection. Although you may want to get tested now and then in 90 days. If you get tested now it will give you a picture of what you had before the exposure and then again get tested in 90 days. No sex or intercourse with anyone else. With yourself is OK as that way you have no way to through off your test results. Do make sure that you do get tested for HSV 1 and HSV 2. If you come back positive for HSV 1 that is a very common to have as you can get it when you were a child from your mom kissing you as a baby or from and aunt or anyone along the way that you had been kissing.

Regardless do listen to what your Doc recommends.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Shamou47 replied to abe648's response:
Ok thank you very much. It definitely settles my nerves. The 90 day hold off may become a little difficult, but I have been on the track to change my ways anyways, so this is deffinitely good motivation to do so. If the test comes back negative on HSV- 2, does that mean I still might have it? I do know I have HSV -1, due to the fact I have gotten a canker sore in my mouth before and was explained by a dr that it is very common and not a major deal but still is a virus. I am still curious as to what occurs after 90 days though? If it is in the system, does it not get into the nervous system within 7 days?
Again, thank you very much. I have noticed you give a good amount of advice to people, and I genuinely think that is great for you to be straight forward and honest.

abe648 replied to Shamou47's response:
If by some way you had been infected with HSV 2 fron this last encounter then ther is nothing you can do about it now. Get tested for both HSV 1 & 2. I an not a medical professional but I believve that if you had a canker sore inside your mouth this would not be HSV 1 fron what I have learned on this site. From what I have learned that HSV 1 will show up on your lip in most common cases.

When you get tested get tested for all STD'S includeing HSV 1 & 2. Just because you do not haveany symptoms does not mean that you do not have other STD'S.

I still recommend that you go and be seen by a Doc for proper evaluation.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

I will go see the dr. I meant to word my question a little bit different. I was just wondering that if it did not show up in this test, why would it show up 90 days later? That was how I meant to ask it. I apologize for the confusion.

Also the website handbook is highly informative and useful. Thank you

It takes approx 90 days for the antibodies to build up in your body which is what the test, tests for so before that you can get tested and it may not be as accurate a result to know if yhou have GH or not. I also know that HIV is best tested after 90 days and I saw a post about Gonheera (sp?) is best tested after 90 days as well. So do get tested for everything as some STD'S do not have symptoms and you can still have them.

Thank you very much. Got blood tested today, but upon examination, my Dr said from what it sounded and looked like, I should be ok and not have HSV-2. Still he will be doing tests just to make sure.

When you get a call from the Doc to tell you what the test results are ask them for a copy of the results and post the numeric test results on here so someone can confirm your status.

Got the call last week, and said I am negative for everything except for HSV-1, which is the cold sore and canker sores. I knew I had that before anyways. I dont even get cold sores, just cankers. All other tests done, show no sign in my blood or any symptoms of any other STD.

There is still healing in the area on my thigh I pretty much disected when trying to find out if they were zits or sores, but it looks normal for when I destroy a zit or ingrown hair down there, cause it can get pretty sweaty.

Great to hear that you do not have HSV 2. Remember that canker sores are not HSV 1. Canker sores are the sores you get inside your mouth.

When you decide to become sexually active again please decide to use a condom especiallly with someone you do not know well. If you decide to settle down with just one partner then like this time around both of you should go and get all STD'S including HSV 1 & 2 tested. That way both of you know where you stand. It is not only what you have coming into a relationship it is what the other person has as well that you could get from that other person. By going together to get tested you know that your partner did get tested and once you have the results then you can become sexually active knowing what each other has and can make an informed decision of whether you want to take any risks on what that person has if you bcome sexually active.

God Bless you as you move through life.
Abe

One final point I forgot to tell you about. Since you ssay that you get a lot of sweating down yonder then to help control that take some corn starch and apply it to that area and also apply some in your underwear as well. Corn starch is a very inexpensive way to control moisture in that area. And if it bothers you a lot take some with you in an old pill container or something like that an apply it liberally to keep things dry down yonder. You will feel a lot better when things are dry down yonder.

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.