Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

confused
An_253576 posted:
Can someone explain this to me in plain english. Always getting confusing reponses. If a person has genital herpes with no sign of a outbreak can the person giving oral sex catch oral herpes? Please help. Love this person to death and wouldn't want to hurt him.

abe648 responded:
If you have HSV 2 genitally and someone gave you oral sex then that person could get HSV 2 orally but the good news is that HSV 2 does not like the oral area and the odds of him getting HSV 2 is only approx 3%. Even if that person did infact get HSV 2 orally it usually does not have a lot of out breaks. They get the initial outbreak and then usually one more outbreak that year and then it most likely would be not many after that. So really the risk is very low of someone getting HSV 2 orally.

You say that you just found out that you have HsV 2. were you tested with an IgG blood test and if so what were the numeric test results. If you know the numeric test results post them on here so that someone can confirm your status.

To learn more read the items in my signture line below.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

sad2013 replied to abe648's response:
Thank you much. A huge weight lifted. I was actually swab tested like 8 years ago. I haven't had an outbreak in about a year but I get the symptoms does that mean anything? P.s. I don't take medication. Thanks for helping make people lives easier to deal with.

abe648 replied to sad2013's response:
Are you female or male? When they took the swab did they type which one you had genitally? Did they tell you it was HSV 2 genitally or did they just say you have Herpes and made no comment on which one you had genitally? You can have HSV 1 genitally if they did not type which one it was when the swab was taken. You say that you get symptoms every so often but no ob's. What type of symptoms do you get that leads you to believe that they are GH related? How often do you get symtoms? If you are sexually active then you may want to consider the use of some type of suppressive therapy which will help to decrease the rate of transmission to a partner. Are you telling your partners that you have GH? If not you should be telling them as they can decide iff they want to be sexually active with you or not.

To learn the rate of transmission click on the Tiger and the rates are in there for both sexes.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

I am female. No she didn't explain what type, she just said it was genital herpes gave me a prescription and sent me on my way. I always had outbreaks maybe 3 Times a year and I would take the meds when I feel one coming on but haven't had an outbreak in a year but I would feel the tingling in my leg but nothing would happen. My partner is aware but from my understanding I thought if there were no outbreaks at the time u were ok amd transmission was low, also I thought if you were no where near the outbreak your partner was safe as long as they went no where near it. Thought it had to actually be touched. Ex: I would always get a outbreak near the anal area so reveiving oral sex if they stayed away from the outbreak it was fine.

If you are were getting ob's three time a year it is most likely HSV 2. If you would want to know for sure you could get an IgG blood test for HSV 2 and see what the numeric values are. If you do ask for a copy of the numeric test results and post them on her so someone can confirm your status. HSV 1 genitally usually has the intial ob and then on avearage one every other year. Some peopel who get HSv 1 genially never get another ou.

The tingling you talk about sounds like what some people get when they are shedding. Educate your self about shedding. I think there is something about it in the Herpes Handbook. Even though you may not have ob's from what you say you can still transmit the virus when shedding any where in what we call the "Boxer short area" which is any where a pair of boxer shorts would cover. That is why you can transmit the Herpes viurs even though you may not have any ob's. Many people have GH and have no idea they have it and no ob's and can still transmit the virus.

I would recommend that your partner get a "Type specific IgG blood test to see what his status is. Get him to ask for a copy of the numeric results and post them so someone can confirm his status for you.

I think that you would benefit from Terri Warrens book as noted in my signature line.

Did you click on the Tiger to see the rate of transmission? If you have any more questions just ask.

When you say i have have hsv 2 what exactlydo You mean. I thought hsv 2 WAS below the belt. One more thing. Is it true that you are to always get your outbreak in the same area?. Mine started in butt area for about two years but never appeared there again now every time it's near the vagina area.

You can get HSV 1 gentitally as well but that does not have a lot of ob's. Over the past time you have had GH how many ob's have your had ovr how long a time period?

And most of the time you will get your ob where ever you normally get them. Sometimes people wil suddenly get a ob in a differernt location. That is more of a rare thing but it can happen. Ob's will appear in the boxer short area.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.