Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

what's the difference
sad2013 posted:
I was only swabbed tested for an outbreak around my anal area and was told i have genitial herpes given a prescription and that was it. after reading it seems there are two types of genitial herpes. Can you explain the difference? Also could my partner get oral herpes by giving oral sex?

abe648 responded:
You can have HSV either orally and genitally and so you can have HSV 1 orally or genitally the difference is that HSV 1 genitally does not have a lot of ob's. You can also get HSV 2 genitally which is more common one for this area. One can also get HSV 2 orally but that is not very common and the risk of geetting HSV 2 orally is only about 3% as HSV 2 does not like the oral area. Since you have it anally you most likely have HSV2 but I would ask the Doc to see if he typed the type of HSV you have analy. Tbe chances of him getting it orally is low as I noted above but it can happen only 3% which is very low. It is up to him if he still wants to give you oral sex at this point let it be his decision. Even though you most likely have HSV 2 genitally you still can transmit it from any where a pari of boxerr shorts would cover.

I would recommend that you watch the video and readthe Herpes Handbook as per my signature line below and if you think it would help you then get Terri Warrens boook as well.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.