Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

How do I know if I have an STD?
An_253669 posted:
I had what I thought a 'yeast infection' for 3 weeks and have not had those symptoms for over 15 years so I found it odd why I would have this issue and thought maybe it could be new soap used or just nerves? in the next month, I found that my husband had slept with another woman and now wonder if the symptoms I had were signs of an STD? It has been approx. 3mths and I have not had those symptoms again but just waiting for it... Does an STD show itself off and on again like that?

abe648 responded:
It is really hard to say what this is but if you want to know about possible STD'S then the only way to know for sure is go and be ttested fpr all STD'S including a Type specific IgG blood test for herpes. It does not sound like Herpes. You can have many tyoes of STD'S and have no idea you have them. Go and be seen by your Doc and get a complete work up by your Doc or Gyno. It could be nothing or it could be something. Just doing nothing is not going to help you get away from the stress you are going through. It would be good if you went and talked to someone about your feelings of your husband being unfaithful to you as well.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

georgiagail responded:
If you believe your husbands cheating may have exposed you to an STD, then the obvious answer is to consider some STD testing for yourself.

Certain STDs (Chlamydia, for example) often have little or no symptoms.

Gail

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 3 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.