Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Cold Sores/HSV1/ can it turn into more? Ovarian-Cervical Cancer?
An_253670 posted:
My husband and I experience HSV1 or occasional flare ups of mouth (lip) cold sores. Seems to happen when I miss sleep, get alot of sun, stress out or am overly tired. I take 1000mgs Lysine three X's a day till the blister goes away. My question is this: I was diagnosed a year ago with pre cancerous cervical/ovarian cells. I am concerned about oral sex. if my husband gives me oral sex while either I or him have a lip sore, can this virus spread to my vaginal area, and eventually mutate its way into my cervix/ovary area which could further aggravate my pre-cancerous cell condition there? I continue to have a PAP and a biopsy every 6 months to make sure, but I'm curious and scared and it's very embarrassing to ask my male GYN about this. But I know I should my health is more important.....thank you.

abe648 responded:
I am not a medical professional and can only tell you from the knowledge I have gleaned from others who have been on this site and what i have learned on here. Since both of you have HSV 1 orally you most likely will not get it genitally as you allready have it orally and so you have the antibodies alrady in your system. when you talk about lack of sleep, stress etc that is why you get HSV 1 ob's. The more run down you are the more you will get HSV 1 ob's. So it is importamt to get lots of sleep and rest and try to reduce your stress level. Remember that HSV 1 is a viral condition and I do not think that it should bother your cervical/ovarian issues. I know that your GYN is a guy but he can best answer this issue for you. Remember there gals that are not like you who tell their GYN every little thing that is bothering them genitally etc so he has heard it all before and can give you the best advice about this. Ask him and do not hold back on your feelings are and how you feel and how HSV 1 will affect your cervical/ovarian issuess. GOd Bless you with your cervical/ovarian issues.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

georgiagail responded:
"Can the virus spread to my vaginal area and eventually mutate it's way into my cervix/ovary area which could further aggravate my pre-cancerous cell condition there?"

No.

You are confusing the virus HPV with HSV; these are two different viruses and one does not mutate into the other.

Many, many adults (in fact, statistically most) carry the HSV1 virus and flare ups can occur with fatigue or over exposure to the sun.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.