Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

STD's
An_253548 posted:
hi, i had oral sex with another i man i did not know, i still had his phone # and about a month after we hooked up i got a mouth ulcer so i texted him asking if he had any std's, he replied and said no and he was tested only 5 days before we hooked up for HIV, herpes, syphilis, ghonareah, and hep.i wanted to make sure i didn't have HIV so i took an ora quick after 1 month, it came out negative so i took another after 1 1/2 after we hooked up. then i took another at 2 months because i got another ulcer and i was told that they could be a symptom of STD's and i took another at 2 1/2 months that came out negative, then the ulcer healed and i took another at 3 months. they all came out negative.. i texted him again and he said he was going to get tested again soon anyways. so he sent me a pic of his hiv test being negative and he said he was going to another doctor to be tested for the other STD's. he said that they would call him if anything came positive and he said no one called. the reason i am still nervous is because i git another ulcer(canker sore). it is just making me nervous because i am scared i might have an STD. also i just got a sore throat.

georgiagail responded:
Canker sores are depressingly common.

Instead of testing for HIV (which is extremely difficult to get from providing or receiving oral sex), you might consider some testing for HSV (i.e., herpes). In addition, Chlamydia and Gonorrhea can be passed via the oral route. These are far more common STDS than HIV.

Gail

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.