Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Ocular Herpes?!?!
Mcculja posted:
So I got diagnosed with genital heroes a few months ago. For a while I was careful to wash my hands after touching myself just in case I might transfer it to another place on my body. Well yesterday I masturbated and wiped my hands on a dry towel and then laid on the couch. Without washing my hands a few minutes later I touched my eyes. Immediately I jumped up and washed my hands and washed my face. In my mind I could already feel something was different in my right eye. Went to sleep and the next day I felt like something was in my eye. Slight redness. Not teary. No discharge. Just a paranoid feeling. I didn't and thankfully haven't had any open ulcers so I didn't touch anything wet beside sperm. Can I have infected my eye or is it just in my head ?

abe648 responded:
HSV 1 or 2 do not reside in the sperm. There needs to be heat and friction to transmit it to an area. The Herpes is a virus which sits in the nerve endings in the genitals and is spread from anywhere a pair of boxer shorts would cover but it is not in the sperm.

People who would get ocular herpes usually get it from HSV 1 as again HSV 1 is in the nerve endings in the head area and that is why it can spread from your lips to your eye through your nerve endings. I think that this is all in your mind that you have ocular herpes. If you ever did get it in your eye you it will take about a day and it will become very sore and needs immediate treatment. But from what you describe you are just being paranoid

If you feel that you need this looked at then go and be seen by your provider/Doc to get this assessed.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.