Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

syphilis
An_252569 posted:
during the summer I was tested for std's even though I'm a virgin. I kept getting yeast infection and terrified that i caught something from my dirty hands etc. The test for syphilis was inconclusive. I got tested again by my nurse practitioner. When I called in for the results 2 weeks ago by leaving a message, she left a message saying they only tested for my thyroid level.finally after getting in contact with over the phone and not voicemail i had to tell her what i got tested for and she yeah i was negative. she claims she didnt want to say that over my voicemail incase others heard it. but i dont believe her and think they didnt test me and that im in the late stages of the virus. also i saw old medication in my sister room and looked it up and its used to treat syphilis. we sit on the same shower bench and what if she used my wash cloth. I'm convinced that I have it and she gave it to me because she hates me and is cruel. and i believe they didnt test me for the virus just syphilis.now i dont know where to go to get tested my school health clinic probably wont want to do it if i never been sexually active i feel like im dying

georgiagail responded:
Over on the HIV site you have been convinced that you may be infected with HIV and various strains of hepatitis from 1. someone bleeding into your Belgian waffle as breakfast, 2. a pink stain you saw on a towel your dried yourself off after a shower at school, 3. and (I believe) your mean sister putting HIV on a frozen popsicle.

I suppose you have now moved on to an unhealthy concern over syphilis.

You are not dying and you certain don't have end stage syphilis (which, by the way, takes years to develop and I suspect you're a very young person). Your extreme fear over these diseases does sound as if it making your life quite difficult and I can't imagine the stress you are putting yourself through on a daily basis worrying over these diseases that you cannot get without sexually contact.

Gail

tlkittycat1968 responded:
Also, you cannot get an STI/STD without some form of sexual contact.

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.