Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Threesome-only two infected with STI?? Help..
An_253765 posted:
My boyfriend and I had a threesome with another girl. I went for my yearly physical and tested positive for an sti. Mortified I told my boyfriend to get checked and his came back negative. Now it just looks like I cheated and I know 100% that I have not. I told my girlfriend to get tested and hers came back positive as well. How is it possible that the two girls are infected and the boy is not?? We didn't use a condom so this doesn't make sense..

georgiagail responded:
Not every sexual encounter with someone who is infected with an STD will result in transmission to an uninfected person.

Sounds like your girlfriend entered this threesome carrying an STD which she passed onto you but not your boyfriend (or your boyfriends tests results were inaccurate).

Gail

abe648 responded:
Get your bf to go and get retested for the exact std that you had to see what his results are now especially if it is over 3 months. Is it possible that you had this before this encoutnter?
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Pursyslurt replied to georgiagail's response:
Yes that's what I am thinking. I just didn't think it was possible for one of us to catch it while the other did not.

I have done a ton of research and there are quite a few reports on false positives and false negatives As well as a few people saying a lot of the time, men test negative when they are in fact positive. There is a lot of unanswered questions on these topics and makes it difficult for anyone to get their questions answered.

Thank you so much for your response

Pursyslurt replied to abe648's response:
That's what I told him to do but when he went in the first time they took a urine sample to test and just gave him the drugs so even if he went in for a retest, it would come back negative because he was treated.

No that's not possible. I am very protective over the health of my body especially because cervical cancer runs in my family. So I go for a physical once a year and I've been with my guy for two years plus I get tested when I start dating someone new.

Thank you for your input.

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.