Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

oral hsv1 and now genital hsv1
An_253787 posted:
I was diagnosed with ghsv back in may of 2012 and was givin 10 days 1g of Valtrex , I had groin pain and red eyes and red face, dry mouth aand white tongue, profuse sweating, the doctor did an exam on me saw my penis bump that did not hurt to touch and was not a blister and never did blister it went away after 8 days, swab was done 3 days after I saw the bump and it was negative for both types of herpes.

Now I have had oral hsv1 since childhood, so the doctor just said it must be hsv2 as it was on penis. So fast forward I did a herpes select test type specific for 1 and 2 igg @ 12 months from diagnosis and the results came out as hsv1+ >5.00 and hsv2- as a precaution I pushed my doctor to prescribe Valtrex for suppression and protect my partner so I take it daily but doesn't seem to help any of my symptoms that I still have since this all started horrible muscle twitching,pain in joints and muscles, heat intolerance,watery eyes, pain body wide,irritated anus, constant stomach rumbling and ibs.

so im confused as to what I had on my penis it never came back but ive had irritation on anus now for 6 months straight. im thinking I have ghsv1 despite having it oraly for 30 years.

any input or advice thank you.

abe648 responded:
So you are having alot of problems with HSV 1 genitally. If you had HSV 1 orally it is not as common to get HSV 1 genitally but it does happen. If you have HSV 1 genitally like your Doc told you from the swab you should not have a lot of ob's. People who get HSV 1 genitally usually get the initial ob then one ob after that in the first year. Then on average one ob every other year. Some people never get another ob with HsV 1 genitally. If you are on suppressive thearpy then you should not have a lot of ob's with HSV 1 genitally. So either you have HSV 2 which your Doc says you do not from testing. I would get another HSV 2 IgG blood test and ask your whomever does it for you to provide you with a copy of the numeric test results and post them on here so someone can confirm your status.

Has your current partner been with you for a rather long time? If so has she been tested to see what her status is for HSV 1 & 2? It would be good to know her HSV status for both. Ask her to get a photocopy of her resuls and post them on here so someone can confirm her status. If she does not have HSV 1 or 2 then you need to look to other problems with your issues that you are having.

The isssues you are having do not sound like Herpes issues but perhaps you are feeling these issues because you are stressed and it is showing up with all kinds of symptoms because of stress.

HSV 1 is not a big deal sso relax and go and see your Doc to review all the other issues you are having and get retested for HSV 2 to make sure that you do not have HSV 2 genitally.

If you have any more questions or comments please let us know so we can address any concerns that you are having. Nothing is to personal to ask as if you do not ask you willl not know the answer.

God Bless the two of you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.