Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Increase in genital hsv-1 recurrences after years!
HealthyandSafe posted:
Hello everyone,

I contracted genital HSV-1 from oral sex in 2005. I am a healthy mid 20s female.

The initial o/b was awful, as it often is. Then for ~2 years I had regular outbreaks every few months. After that, I went through about 5 years symptom free!!

Now in 2013, for the past 5 months I have been getting a "cut" about once a month in different locations on my vagina. I immediately take valacyclovir and it disappears in a day or two. Nothing has changed in my life except for stress and being sexually active.

Has anyone had this experience?

Is it normal to be having regular recurrences after years and years of no symptoms? It is demoralizing.

Thanks.

abe648 responded:
This does not sound like HSV 1 as HSV 1 does not usallly have that many ob's in one year.

It also does not sound like HSV 1 as HSV1 usually has a blister type of ob that fills with a fluid like water then breaks and heals. The cuts that you are experiencing do not sound like herpes.

I would recommend that you call your Doc or Gyn and talk to the nurse and see if you can set up an agreement where by you can be seen within a day or two at the most so that your Doc or Gyn can see what it is and address this with you for it to be resolved.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.