Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Genital Herpes
An_253848 posted:
I am a female who had a massage at a Korean massage parlor (I received a gift certificate for this place). The woman used a sheet to massage me (not in any sexual areas), but then she scratched my head raw (the massage was very rough and I didn't like it, but I didn't speak up for myself). I have been in a faithful relationship for 16 years. No signs of herpes until 2 1/2 weeks after my massage. Had a fever & feeling sick. Shortly afterwards, I had 1 blister on my vagina. I had a child 5 years ago, & no signs of herpes. Is it possible the female at the massage parlor had herpes on her hands and transmitted it to my scalp? I have not had any outbreaks on my head. Also, I am very, very worried about transmitting this to my son. Can he get it from me kissing him, using my hand towel, or any other daily interaction. I feel almost scared to touch him now. We have always had a close, loving relationship. I purchased The Good News About the Bad News by Terri Warren, and I am hoping to hear from her directly...

georgiagail responded:
"Is it possible the female at the massage parlor had herpes on her hands and transmitted it to my scalp".

No. In addition, your posting indicates the massage did not involve touching your vaginal area.

Gail

alexsmom08 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it. No, I actually had my underpants on, and shorts and shirt they give you to wear. So, there is no way the person could spread herpes through my scalp, and then it show up on my vagina?

georgiagail replied to alexsmom08's response:
Nope. It is spread by actual touch to the area that will become affected.

Gail

alexsmom08 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for answering my question.

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.