Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Have I done everything I can or could have?
thisishard88 posted:
I have genital herpes and am in a complicated relationship because the guy I have been seeing is scared about getting and having genital herpes. I told him before we got any sexual. he was okay with it and then it started freaking him out and scaring him. I talked to him, told him resources to look into like the Handbook. I want to be there for him while he is thinking bout things. He said that he doesn't want it, but won't use condoms to help prevent it. Even if he did he said he still didn't like knowing there is still a chance. He is afraid that if we don't work out and he gets it then he might give it to another and he doesn't want that either. We are still talking and kinda in a limbo until he can get tested. He said if he is clean, we are done, but if he is not then that is something he doesn't know. We still want to be together and we love being around each other. We are still talking and hanging out (just not as often). I want to know if there is anything I can do from here? Is there something different I should have done? waiting 3 months is a long time for him to get tested.

georgiagail responded:
You need to consider moving on from this person.

He's fearful of getting it but he still won't use condoms?

He'll dump you if he tests negative?

Please. There's nothing more you can do for this fellow except wait around for three months before you get dumped.

Gail

thisishard88 replied to georgiagail's response:
He seems like he might change his mind.

ADW80 responded:
I think you need to move on as well. There are so many ppl that will be understanding and want to be with you regardless of you having hsv. He's not worth your energy. I am with someone who doesn't have it and take suppressive meds to help limit the chance of transmission. But he understands it's not 100%.

abe648 responded:
It is time to move on to someone who will love you for who you are and not what you have. Like all the other posters say he is not going to stay with you if he does not have HSV 2. Get on with life and start a new life.

God Bless you
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.