Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Please evaluate my situation
strk33 posted:
I had protected sex (no ejaculation) and un protected oral( no ejaculation for 2 min) with someone that I met at a club 15.5 (15 week 5 days) weeks ago. The next day I got light fever and got dizzy. I scared of HIV and went through severe anxiety. I was tested for all STDs after 12 weeks and it came back negative. Then I took another test for HIV(HIV 1/O/2 Abs-ICMA)and herpes ( Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV) Types 1-/2-Specific Antibodies, IgG) after 15.5 weeks(110 Days) its also negative. I got two blisters filled with clear liquid in my mouth around 5 weeks after encounter, they stayed only for couple of hours( was it an out break) and gone. But I have been going through constant dizzines at some time every day since the encounter 16 weeks ago. Is that because of anxiety (i am always thinking and convinced my self that I have hiv and herpes)? Can I consider my 15.5 week results as conclusive...Thanks for the help..

ADW80 responded:
Blisters you described do not sound like herpes. I think you are having anxiety, please try to relax. Get tested again in a couple months if it will help set your mind at ease.

strk33 replied to ADW80's response:
Thanks for the reply. Can I consider my 15.5 week test results as conclusive for Herpes and HIV.. When should I get tested to confirm that I am free. From std

georgiagail replied to strk33's response:
Yes, you can consider both tests conclusive as to your status regarding both HIV and herpes. And test done at least 90 days after a potential exposure is considered to be both conclusive and definitive.

And yes, your dizziness is very likely due to anxiety.

Gail

strk33 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks Gail..

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.