Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Got chlamydia...but parter tested negative
twotwentyseven posted:
I am a 23 year old male and recently had sudden symptoms for chlamydia....about five days after having oral sex with a male partner. So of course, got treated immediately at a clinic, and ended up testing positive for chlamydia. However, my partner did not have any symptoms, and ended up testing negative.

I haven't had any contact with anyone for over six months and have never had unprotected sex. So its almost a sure thing is came from him. So i'm thinking he might have chlamydia in his throat. Im thinking that the most likely because it was oral sex anyway. Does this not show on the tests or something? Or do you have to test for it specifically? Really confused how he can give it to me and test negative.

georgiagail responded:
Did they take his sample from his oral cavity?

Keep in mind that Chlamydia is often known as "the silent STD" for its lack of symptoms. This means you could have had it for over six months and not known this.

Gail

twotwentyseven replied to georgiagail's response:
don't think that's something they typically do and he didn't think it mattered. But since he had exposure, he was treated anyway. How likely is it that someone can get chlamydia in the throat? Is it treated the same way regardless or where it is?

georgiagail replied to twotwentyseven's response:
If someone engages in oral sex frequently, it's not unusual to have this STD in the oral cavity. Treatment would be the same no matter where the infection is located.

Gail

Helpful Tips

vey important
am 18 yrs old boy i had itching and alleargy on my penies inside my foreplay . i dint have sex or any thing. but i use to mastrubate More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.