Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Advice on dating with a std...
An_248761 posted:
Well I have hsv2 for starters, I've had it for 2 years now. I was with my ex bf and he has it well so I guess everything was a bit easier. I haven't dated since him and it's been about a year since. I have gotten on std websites and dating sites, I met a few guys with the same std as me and it jut never worked out. . I do have a huge fear of liking someone who doesn't have what I do so I have avoided dating a talking to anyone like that. I have met someone as we have been talkin for months. I told him right away about my situation when e told me he liked me I wanted him to know it early so he knows it's fine I we ever remain friends and he knows how I feel about my situation and dating. I just want to know if there are people who have dated and gave it a shot to date someone without an std that are in the same boat as me as can giver advice? . The guy I like knows everything, and is more then accepting of it then I was when I found out about it lol and he is willing to work with me trough it. But It scares me to give him a chance. Thank you

abe648 responded:
There are many people who have relationships and the other party still does not have HSV 2. These are known as discordant couples. There many people
who are in a commited relationship and the other person still does not have HSV 2. I have beeb married for over 30 years and my wife still does not have HSV 2. So if he loves you and wants to love you then accept him as long as he knows the ods of him getting HSV 2. There is a post under Tips that says "Good telling partner" and it has a lot of info in it.

Click on the Tiger and the rate of Transmission is located in it for Female to Male Transmmission. There is lots of info in the Herpes Handbook as per my sigtnature line.

God Bless you as you try to coeme tp grips with your HSV 2. HSV 2 is no real big deal. It is just a pesky virus that you can live with the right person who lovesyou.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Ics07 replied to abe648's response:
thank you so much, it means alot (:
just a small fear i have but i seeing how youve been married for thirty years is beautiful.
thanks so much! god bless

abe648 replied to Ics07's response:
There is no guarranty that he wil not get it but he has to decide if he wants to take the risk. Show him what the odds of you giving it to him and let him decide. Search anything you want about HSV 2 at the top of this page.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Ics07 replied to abe648's response:
I try to remind him most of the time when we talk about it and how it is up to him if he wants to ever go further with me or pursue a relationship and the risks that are involved and he could get herpes not to scare him away but to make sure if I am what he wants then he' has to be okay with working with me about this situation. And thank you again I have been doing more research and taking notes on things to help with this and to help get my obs in control and what I can do for that since I don't have a healthy diet and I haven't took any medications for it in over a year

abe648 replied to Ics07's response:
Do not keep on reminding him that you have HSV 2 he knows that and if he loves you he will ask more questions when he feels that he wants to be intimate with you and you can always have the Herpes Handbook ready for him to read and know more. I think that Terri Warren's book the Good News about the Bad News I think you would find helpful as well. You can buy it on Amazon or you can get the e-book on line if you want.You can get the e-book go, the websote in my signatire line below and it is all undr the heading Herpes in that site.

If you are not taking any suppressive therapy for your HSV 2 then if you do decide to get intimate then it would be a good idea to start taking it as it will help to ddecrease his chance of getting HSV 2.

The other thing you can do to help your ob's is to avoid stress as it will help the ob's.

Helpful Tips

Reducing OB and itching woth Loratadin
I have had terrible hayfever and used a fairly new over the counter drug called Loratadin (costs £1 per packet) and to my astonishment my ... More
Was this Helpful?
2 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.