Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

I have genital hsv 1: Stressing in a relationship so much I'm going insane
An_253991 posted:
Oh god, I have no idea where to start. Well I guess I can start by saying I lost my virginity at 18 to my first love. Never slept around and kept to my self regarding sex. Last year I had a really bad break up, one of my friends said" hey don't worry we're only sophomores in college have fun just use a condom!" I didint want to do it, but I thought "she's right" I needa loosen up. I had protected sex but contracted hsv1 a month later from a friend I decided to sleep with. However I was told my virus was an "old" virus... Then I remembered after I had lost my virginity I would feel random chills down there, and as soon as I scratched my clitoris it would all be ok and it would pass. I started to begin maybe I had been a symptomatic and my friend did not in fact transmit it to me through oral. (We only slept together once but he did oral) I was then single for ever. I didint stress about disclosing since I wasent seeing anyone. However 6 months later after being diagnosed I met a guy. He seemed to be coming on too strong, as if he just wanted a hook up. I felt he wasent serious so I didint proceed but then he began to ask me out on dates and insisted. (I guess that's how you know guys don't like being told no) I dated him for 1 month no sexual contact. By the month and a half I began liking him and he began holding my hand. After a hike one day we did it, with protection yes. I thought to myself he might not even like me, if I tell him he's gonna tell everyone in school. So I didint. We continued using a condom. By the 4th month I realized I liked him and he told me he liked me, he asked me to be his gf. I super happy said yes. But I didint realize this was only making it harder. Now, we're incredibly attached to each other wee been going out for 10 months. I love him, however now I can't live like this anymore. I'm dying!! I feel like a liar. I'm only 20, he's 22. I've read so much about the transmutation rates so I know the risks. I was convinced that if I told him now he would understand, so I almost did, but then he was diagnosed with anxiety. Is it possible a person with anxiety can handle such news. Everytime we hangout he compulsively washes he's hands because of "germs". I am currently having an outbreak, so I fled my college town by going home for the weekend since I don't want to have to deal with telling him yet or infecting him. I am currently going to therapy in hopes I can feel better about myself and find a solution for this. My doctor said " I wouldn't tell him, chances are less than 2% are you really going to jeopardize something beautiful for hsv1, tell the man you'll marry not him". I left feeling hopeless yet I understood she's right since people with hsv1 oral she'd 18% of the time. (Way more than us) I'm conclusion what do I do.?! Am I really a horrible person? Hsv1 genital is much more mild than oral why do only we get I disclose. I feel so discouraged for the future. Help!

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.