Clear bumps on penis head
An_254014 posted:
Hello,

So for the pass few days, I have been receiving oral sex from my girlfriend. It has been about 2-3 days without receiving any more, and I just now saw that I have these clear bumps on the head of my penis.

Months before that, she was giving me oral, and I got UTI like symptoms, but the doctor determined that it wasn't UTI or an STD. I have not gotten any oral since the first time until now.

So my question is, should I be worried enough to go to the doctor, or let a few days go by? It doesn't hurt, but it does irritate a bit, and I only noticed because it felt a bit puffy/swollen. The bump honestly looks kind of big, and I have not tried to pop it yet.

abe648 responded:
This sonething that you should go and see the Doc if it does not go away. Not really sure what this could be. If your gf has HSV 1 orally it could be HSV 1 genitally from oral sex but your Doc cab best tell you what it is....

kkimmel responded:
Well. That is EXACTLY how my ex gave me genital herpes. Im telling you right now my first outbreak was TORTURE! The clinic I went to told me ot wasnt herpes and gave me some antibiotics for a skin infection while I rotted away....I then went to my doctors office (in a wheel chair) and he looked at my chart which had hvs 1 written right on it.....they then prescribed me vicaden for the pain and my medicine. This was two months ago. Since then...ive only gone 4 days without a breakout. They arent near as bad as the first...but it literally has ruined my life....for the time being.but what I didnt know was you can get genital herpes from oral. I know it sounds silly but I had no idea. after ive gotten herpes ive realized people are so poorly educated about this and most doctors dont really care. My advice to you is to get anyyyy kind of std check done and dont trust any ONE doctor I had to go to three. Good luck! In the future I suggest taking meds everyday if you want to ever have a sex life.

An_254014 responded:
So here is an update. I just got checked, I won't find out till next week. Unfortunately, the doctor said it is likely herpes, . I guess it does not show up on a standard STD test. As of now, it looks like it has gotten better.

Some other symptoms were that when I got hard, it looked like blood filled up the clear bumps. Then the dead skin from the bumps started to shed. It did bleed, but not dripping, it was more if I put a tissue on it, there would be blood, other than that, nothing.

Heres hoping for some weird infection...

abe648 replied to An_254014's response:
Herpes does not usually have blood in it. It builds up with a clear fluid and then breaks and heals. I was thinking it could have been herpes. The symptoms you have do not sound like herpes but it could be. Ask your Doc for a photocopy of the numeric results and post them here so someone can confirm your status.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_254014 replied to abe648's response:
Last update.

Unfortunately, the test came back positive,
I'm not sure what you mean by the numeric results, but here are some numbers I found,

Culture/Results - Herpes Simplex Virus isolated (1204)
Report Status - Final (1664)

I might get another test when I get insurance just to sate my want of it being a false positive, but I don't know yet.

Thanks for the info though abe648 , it actually kinda helped in relaxing me a bit. This outbreak did't even really hurt at all. It's only when I get oral sex too, I've only gotten oral twice from my girlfriend, and both times I had STD-like symptoms.

abe648 replied to An_254014's response:
Ask your Doc if you had an IgG type specific blood test. If so there should be figures for HSV 1 and 2. Some thing like this HSV 1 is 3.50 and HSV 2 is 0.53 or something like this. The values could be low or high in either HSV 1& 2 or low in HSV 1 & 2.

What you gave does not help. Did they tell you had HSV 1 or HSV 2 gemitally? If not then ask them to find out for you. Ir is important to know which one you have genitally.

If you do get a teste later get the type specific IgG blood test to confirm your status. My guess is that you may have HSV 1 genitally as your gf gave you oral sex but that is just a guess and you need to know for sure. Also your gf should get the same test to see what her status is. I am glad that I put your mind at ease.

God Bless you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/