Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

std
An_254032 posted:
Hi there i recently got diagnosed with herpes type 1 down below and i have questions. How can i have sex with this i know you say condoms but can i still be infected with hiv? And can i perform any oral sex on my partner? Help me bc im freaking out

georgiagail responded:
What, exactly, are you asking.

If you use a condom and it is used accurately and does not break or tear, you are protected against HIV whether you have herpes or not.

If you have herpes on your genitals, performing oral sex on your partner will not transmit the virus to them; however, if they perform unprotected oral sex on you, there is a risk to them.

Gail

RachieD25 replied to georgiagail's response:
Ok so if my partner uses a condom he cant be infected by it? Bit if i give him oral since i dont have the herpea orally can i transfer it?

RachieD25 replied to georgiagail's response:
Well you dont have to be so god damn rude! I was just asking a question learn some respect!

georgiagail replied to RachieD25's response:
Learn to read.

Gail

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.