Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV1 transmission under water
An_254186 posted:
I was diagnosed 3 years ago with HSV1 by a culture taken from the tip of my penis. I have not had an outbreak since diagnosed. Given the chlorine and chemicals present in a pool or hot tub, does the usual risk of transmission during unprotected intercourse from shedding exist? And what about in fresh water, and salt water?

abe648 responded:
In order for HSV to be transmitted there must be heat and friction with some type of sexual contact. If there is no contact in any kind of water then no transmission. As well the chlorine in a public pool and a public hot tup/pool would kill the virus as well. Also Sea water has salt in it which is a clensing agent naturally cleans things. I do not think you would have a risk in salt water but I cannot be sure. Again no sexual contact no transmission.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.