Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

genital herpes and menstruation
livingnatural posted:
I've had genital herpes for about 3 years now and am still waiting for the outbreaks to lessen does anyone else experience them every month just before menstruation and is there any hope that this will stop or can I expect this every month until I have my period?

abe648 responded:
Are you taking anything in the way of suppressive therapy and if so and at what dosage?

Once you answer this I will be better able advise you on how to to go forward.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

livingnatural replied to abe648's response:
yes, it's Valtrex at 500 mg and it's once a day up to twice a day but I don't take it everyday anymore because I was still getting the outbreaks and find that as long as I take it once a month around the time of my period then it makes no difference.
I also take Lysine and sometimes Garlic supplements.

abe648 replied to livingnatural's response:
Since you are getting so many ob's I would recommend hat you talk to your Doc and ask for a R/x of Valtrex of 1 gm per day. This is because you are getting ob's so often. This is what ist recommends in the Herpes Handbook if you get more than 5 ob's per year. If you are in a loving relationship then I think it would make you feel a lot better to have a better control of your Herpes . Even if you are not you would still fell better with less ob's.

I have come across some women who have a lot ob's around their period. I do not know why but you could search in the search window above of "Herpes & periods" and you might find some other posts which would help you understand why this is.

Also try to keep things dry down yonder before and during your period. I know it is not easy for you gals but that may help you. Use corn starch and apply liberally to the genital area and often. It acts as a drying agent. Also walk around the house if possible with out any under wear on when it comes to that time of the month so that the air can get in and keep things dry. Just wear a long T-shirt around the house.

I hope this helps you but if not ask more questions so we can help you further.

God Bless you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.