Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Worried after telling partner about HSV1
em109 posted:
Hi all. Looking for some advice/reassurance as I don't have many people to talk to about this. I told the man I am seeing for the last three months that I have HSV1. I told him how I got it, answered his questions and tried to keep calm (was very nervous). He was shocked initially but didn't shoot me down, he just didn't know anything about it. He stayed with me that night (didn't have sex), there didn't seem to be a problem, we were talking and laughing like we usually would. When he left in the morning he said he'd see me at the weekend as planned previously. The day after this I asked him what the plan was for the weekend and he told me that he needed some space to find out more about what I'd told him. I said that I understood and it was no problem but if was too much hassle or if he was too worried about it that we could leave things be. He said that he didn't say that, he just wanted to find out more about it. He had said when I first told him that it wouldn't be the case that he wanted to stop seeing me but I'm worried. I really like this man and thought that we were going somewhere. Even though he said that it wasn't the case that he wanted stop seeing me, I'm worried that the longer we don't talk the more he won't want to have anything to do with me. It's just like I'm waiting for bad news. I know I sound very negative but I just can't stop thinking about it. Part of me thinks that it's over but another part remembers that he's a mature honest guy and that if he wanted to end things he could have by now. I can't really think about anything else at the moment as I'm off work sick and it's really doing my head in. I think that if he doesn't want to see me anymore I'll be more upset because of the reason. I feel like because a silly mistake that no one will want me. Even though he hasn't said anything, he's kind of making me feel like there's something wrong with me. I get that he has to educate himself about it but the silence is killing me. Any reply would be greatly appreciated!

georgiagail responded:
For goodness sake, the majority of adults carry HSV1, having picked this up in childhood.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.