Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HSV 1
flowers9 posted:
ive been living with HSV 1 for around 5 years. I just decided to start dating again (maybe) but I dont know because I dont know how to tell my partner or what to say or what to do. we've been sexual but i didnt have any cold sores. would he get it? im scared now to tell him because i should have told him before we decided to become sexual. ive known him before i found out i had it and were back together again but he dosent know i have it

abe648 responded:
HSV 1 if it is orally is no big deal. Many people have HSV1 oraaly and have no idea they have it. By the time you reach 70 years old approx. 70 - 80% of people have HSV 1. What is more important is for both of you to get completely tested for all STD'S including a type specific IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2. That way both of you will know what your status is
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

abe648 responded:
My computer froze and what I wanted to tell you is that the greatest issue you face is if you give him oral sex and he could get HSV 1 orally but HSV 1 does not like the gential area and even if he did get it genitally the He wouldhave one more ob in the first year then on average he would get on ob every other year. some people never get another ob genitally again.

Like I said it is more important for both of you to get tested for all STD'S to know what your status is on all STD'S. Make a day of it and go and get tested together and hen go out for a nice meal and wait for the results. That way you will know what each other has. Ask for a copy of the HSV 1 & 2 numeric test results are and post them on here so we can help confirm your status.

The best thing you can do is to talk openly about this andtell him and tell him it is not a big deal but you feelthat both of you should go and get complete STD testubg. If you want an honest relationship then it starts with good communication between the two of you.

If you have any more questions just ask so we can help you.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

An_254511 replied to abe648's response:
yeah i get tested all the time since i found out i had herpes 1 like i know its a virus and stuff with the cold sores or w.e is it actually considered an std? i mean im confused.... cause alot of people have cold sores. and i really like this guy and he knows alot of people i know too kinda and we hang out and stuff i dont want him to hate me or tell other people. thats all i have cause i get tested. idk if he has? but yeah like if hed want to get tested or w.e we could

abe648 replied to An_254511's response:
If you give him oral sex then lIke I said he coujld get HSV 1 genitally. That would be considered an STD . It is up to you two if you want to get tested or not. It would let you know if you have any other STD'S?

abe648 replied to An_254511's response:
It is not only what you have but what he has as well. If he has had other partners than you while you were not with him then he could have an STD that you could get from him. So that is why it is equally important to know what he has as well to protect your self.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.