Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

herpes help
tmblmom posted:
My daughter is newly diagnosed and freaking out about the boyfriend. He is on daily dose of prednisone for Crohns and my question is.........Can this suppress his symptoms? He states that he had some "spots" but they were just a bacterial issue. Just curious if maybe the prednisone could be masking an outbreak.

abe648 responded:
I cannot answer your question about the bf but he should get a type specific IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2 so he knows his own status. Ask him to get a copy of the numeric test results and post them on here so someone can confirm his status. The bf should see his own Doc to ask how this will affect him. I

If your daughter has only been sexually active with just this bf then shemost likely got the HSV from him3. Do you know if she has HSV 1 or 2? If she does not know which it is she should call the Doc to confirm which one it is. How was she diagnosed as having HSV? If it was a swab/cure then make sure that the Doc types the culture so she knows which one it is. What has the Doc R/x for treating her herpes

If she has any questions ask them on here so we can help her to understand herpes. See my signature line for more info on herpes and treatment.

God Bless all of you
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.