Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Should I be concerned
sky00 posted:
Hello,

My dorm mate (roommate) usually uses my suitcase. Since we are leaving for Christmas break I had to empty out my suitcase which had her things in it. While I was emptying the front pockets I accidentally grabbed her vibrator. I know for sure she had some kind of STD but can't remember which one she said she had. Now I'm worried that there could have been any kind of germs on that thing. I constantly keep washing my hands especially since I have small cuts on my hands. Every time I eat with my hands I can't help but to think there is some bacteria (std) on my hand. Even if she did still have any kind of std including hiv, will there still be a chance to get something from it? I tried to look this up for myself and I found that I could have been exposed to Chancroid, which I don't know what it is. Should I even be concerned?

georgiagail responded:
Simply grabbing a vibrator stored in a suitcase does not put you at risk for getting an STD.

Gail

zmetoo responded:
Just touching a dry vibrator would not put you at risk for contracting an STD or HIV. Washing your hands with plain ole soap and water would have cleansed any residue from your skin. If you are still concerned, go to your doctor, explain the circumstances and ask to be tested for STDs, and HIV. If money is an issue, many health departments offer free testing for HIV and STDs. Cost may be sliding scale dependent on your income or free. Have a great future!

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.