Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

scared and so ashamed...
An_254698 posted:
Hello, I am 24 years old and believe I have gential warts. I have found a couple odd bumps and have researched the hell outta HPV and GW so I just had a PAP done but havent recieved the results yet. Im so scared and sick with myself. I was cheated on and dumped 6 months ago by my 2 and a half year boyfriend...I was crushed and then I was stupid and slept with a guy I had graduated with in high school thinking I knew him. I clearly didnt and dont but others did and didnt tell me. Im mad and sad and scared and so ashamed....my parents taught me so much better...I feel like failure, I feel ruined....the thing is too is that this class mate is now in australia NOT responding to my questions about him being infected with HPV...im shaking writing this....its like a bad dream thats for real and im not waking up from....I know this could be so much worse and thank god it isnt...for now anyways. I just needed to tell someone cuz im freaking scared and because im to ashamed to tell my mom or my best friend, both who I tell everything to. I apologize if venting isnt what this forum is for I just needed to do this....thanks.

georgiagail responded:
Why don't you wait for your test results before you beat yourself up so badly about all of this?

Many people have genital warts; if you end up being one of these you most certainly aren't "ruined" in any sense of the word.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.