Played Sexual Roulette - Did I Loose?
leebree posted:
Hi. About two years ago, I noticed a pinkish blotch on my penis, just under the head. Over the course of a few days, it began peeling and itching slightly (no pain). Over the course of several weeks, a couple of other small, dry patches of skin appeared without too much itching at all. What looks vaguely like scar tissue/discoloration was left on my penis and it still remains without any pain, itching or sensation whatsoever, although it does peel sometimes. It would barely be noticeable to anyone else. I have a short history of what I think is eczema on my neck and legs. I also have ocd, prompting me to wash incessantly, which worsens the dryness. Initially, I assumed that eczema had simply spread to my penis.

I then became aware that oral herpes can be transferred to the genitals (a woman had performed oral sex on me without a condom around the time I 1st noticed peeling) and I've become worried sick about the possibility that I have HSV 1 on my penis. I've had HSV 1 appear recurrently on my mouth since childhood, which I hear greatly reduces the chance of getting it on your genitals. No further irritations have appeared since the initial appearance and I haven't I haven't even had peeling from my neck for at least a year. What is the likely scenario?

Also, I plan to get tested, but assuming the test comes out as I anticipate, I won't know too much more than I know now. I mean, if I test negative for HSV 2 and positive for HSV 1, I won't know if the positive reading is coming from the herpes I already have orally or if it's also in my genital region. Are there ways to determine where the virus is? Will any signs of herpes show if I'm asymptomatic?

abe648 responded:
You need to go and be seen by a Doc when this is bothering you so the Doc can confirm what is going on. At that point you can get a type specific IgG blood test for HSV 1 & 2. That way you will know if have either type of HSV? The only way to confirm if you have HSV 1 genitally is get it swabbed/cultured/typed within 48 hours of it bothering you and that is the only way you will know if it is HSV 1 genitally.

But this could be all kinds of things ant that is why you need to be seen by a Doc to confirm what really is going on.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/