Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Depressed with herpes thoughts
An_254876 posted:
Hii,

I had protected sex but unprotected oral 7 months ago (no ejaculation). I went through severe anxiety thinking that I got HIV and herpes. I took a 8 panel test(HIV,Herpes,chalmydia,gonorrhea,syphillis,Hepb,hepc) last week after 6.5 months all of them were negative.

I am constantly thinking that I got HIV and Herpes and gets sad and depressed. I suddenly get dizzy and tired everyday since my encounter 6.5 months ago. This has been happening since then. Am I feeling this because of anxiety?

.I read in some posts that Herpes blood tests (IGG) are not accurate if there is no out break, is that true.

I got sick the next day after my encounter. After 2 weeks I got an ulcer (no pain) in my mouth filled with clear liquid (I never got this before) but only stayed for couple of hours. I got ulcers in my groin area after 4 months (may be hair follicle), stayed for a week but they didn't burst out.

Can I trust my negative HSV 1/2 IgG, Type Spec (captia) blood test results?

Is there a chance for any of them to become positive after 6.5 months?

Thank you for your help!

georgiagail responded:
Can you trust you test results?

Yes.

Is there a chance for any of them to become positive after 6.5 months?

No.

Your symptoms are due to anxiety and depression, not any STD.

Gail

strk33 replied to georgiagail's response:
Gail,

Thanks for your quick response....I think I have to work very hard to convince myself..Can you suggest something that will help me..

I wish you a very happy new year

georgiagail replied to strk33's response:
Over on the HIV forum there are folks who sometimes need short term counseling to help them get over their fear of a disease they do not have. Such professional counseling is typically needed for just a short period of time.

Gail

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.