Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

HELP! Is this an STD?
An_255335 posted:

I need some serious help I don't know what this is and I'm too embarrassed to go to a doctor in person to ask for help so hopefully someone can tell me what I can do about this or what it is for gods sake. They're just small colorless bumps that aren't painful but there are a lot of them but only in my pubic region. Symptoms include occasional itching and sometimes a light dampness in the pubic region. Other than that it doesn't bother me I just need to know if there is something I can do about it.

georgiagail responded:
It's unlikely these represent any STD.

The pubic area is often damp as it has both sweat and oil glands. These bumps look like hair follicles.

Gail

hopefulgiant responded:
Truthfully I'm going through the same thing but i normally have hair follicle but i was recently with a woman who has herpes. And i took a test and every doctor i go to think I'm crazy but its because sometimes i think they wait for something more obvious. But for really safe measure get a blood test.

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.