Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes outbreak on arm
kittykatty04 posted:
I was diagnosed with HSV-2 just over a year ago. I usually take 500 mg a day to suppress the virus, but I just lost my health insurance so I stopped taking it about a month or two ago. I've had what could be an outbreak in my genital area for a week or so, but it's so mild I'm not even sure it's there.

However, a couple of days ago I had a rash pop up on my outer arm just above my elbow. It was itchy at first, but then a whole bunch of small blisters appeared above an area of red skin and it was/is painful. Some of the blister broke overnight last night.

I started taking my Valtrex again in hopes that it will clear things up. My question is: how important is it that I get this checked out? I don't have insurance yet so it will be quite expensive to see someone about it. Does anyone have any thoughts?

abe648 responded:
Did the item on your arm act just like your genital herpes. IE did it build up with a clear fluid and it break and then drain and heal? If so it could be herpes but it is not to common on the arm. I don't think I have ever heard of it on the arm but I think it is possible.

This could be something else and the only way to know for sure is to be seen by a Doc. Try a low income clinic.
Abe ...I am not a medical professional. Read the Herpes Handbook, Watch the Video and Terri Warren's book is availible umder the Heading Herpes at http://www.westoverheights.com/

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.