Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Herpes or In grown Hair
nykos1011 posted:
Hello, I have one very large bump in my pubic region that is about one quarter of an inch in length with no visible hairs coiling in it. I initially thought it was an in grown hair but the symptoms were different from usual in grown hairs. Initially, it started out as a painful puss filed bump that was extremely sensitive. A few days later the skin started to open up and clear puss leaked causing the top layer to rupture. Now it's just a pink crater full of clear puss. It does occasionally itch but not often. What makes me think it isn't herpes is because it didn't show up as a cluster of small bumps but rather as one huge bump. But I also have doubts because it's been two weeks and I have never had an in grown hair last so long without healing itself.

Thanks for any feedback.

nykos1011 responded:
Here are some pictures.

As well, I did have unprotected sexual intercourse about a week before it appeared.

nykos1011 replied to nykos1011's response:
class=post_img />

class=post_img />

Helpful Tips

How Can You Get Most Out This Community?
Hello members, Welcome to the STD community! Please feel free to post or join in any discussions on this community. Useful Tools WebMD ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.