Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Vaginal Tear or Genital Herpes?
An_256336 posted:
I went to the doctor today asking about a vaginal tear. It is near the back of my vagina and hurts when I begin to have sex. Its been there for a couple of weeks. I just thought this was because we didnt use enough lubrication.

My doctor said it looked like a tear but could also be herpes. My test results are due back friday. I am freaking out about this, I dont seem to have any other herpes symptoms but am wondering if this a normal thing? I thought herpes meant blisters and sores?

An_256716 responded:
How did u make out?

An_256336 replied to An_256716's response:
It was negative, they ran both the culture and blood tests. Turns out being on birth control for a long time can cause thinning of the tissue there. I was prescribed an estrogen cream.

emilybom responded:
In my opinion it is not Herpes cause I have herpes and it doesn't looks like it.

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.