Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Weird wart is it hpv?
An_256512 posted:
I have noticed a bump but I thought it was just another ingrown hair and stopped worrying about it. This morning I looked at it again and it has grown it is raised and somewhat painful to touch. It's bright pink also. I'm slightly worried that it's hpv? Help! I took a picture but have no way of posting it here

atti_editor responded:
Hello,

It could be that what you are seeing is an ingrown hair as you suspected. Ingrown hairs irritate the skin and produce red, raised bumps or a number of bumps. Sometimes they can form a painful boil-like sore, which may be what you are experiencing now. Gential warts (HPV) can take on many different shapes and appearances -- they are usually not painful, but they can cause mild pain, bleeding and itching. If you are worried that the bump is associated with the symptoms of HPV listed in the link above, it would be a good idea to make an appointment to see your doctor for a proper diagnosis and any necessary treatment.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.