Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Just diagnosed with herpes
tooyoungandterrified posted:
I am only 18 and was just diagnosed with simplex 2 herpes today. I was and still am very upset-I've only had two sexual parters who I was in (to my knowledge) monogamous relationships with. I have always tried to practice safe sex-I'm on birth control and always use condoms. I had no idea that you could get an STI such as herpes even when using condoms 100% of the time-they really do not teach you anything useful in health class. I am really scared and stressed out as I am in a lot of pain right now, university finals are coming up, and I am scared to tell my two exes. Things ended quite terribly with the one ex-he has threatened before to do terrible things such as post nude pictures of me on the internet. I'm scared if he finds out I have it he will trash talk me around our small town and online. In an hour I will be heading back to the hospital to get more bloodwork and urine tests done to scan for HIV and other STI's. Does it ever get any easier? Does anybody have any advice?

atti_editor responded:
Hi tooyoungandterrified,

I am so sorry that you are going through this right now. One of the best things that you can do at this time is to educate yourself about the hsv-2 virus and what having it will mean to you. Our genital herpes health center has some great resources, slideshows and information that will hopefully help put your mind at ease. This portion of the center focuses on living with and managing genital herpes, and I think that you will find it especially helpful. I know that it is easier said than done right now, as you have so many things going on, but managing your stress levels will help to reduce outbreaks. Please let us know how you are doing.

Best wishes,
Atti

Helpful Tips

Be the first to post a Tip!

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.