Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

herpes esophagitis hsv-2
elucidator posted:
I was diagnosed with herpes esophagitis caused by hsv-2. I thought that this was caused by HSV-1 only. If it is HSV-2 where, if anyplace, does the virus shedding occur? I don't see how this could be connected to shedding in the genital area, since the nerves from down there I don't think connect to the esophagus area.
I have never experienced an outbreak or any symptoms. Is that because the HSV-2 virus that is involved in esophagitis never reaches the skin. Where does that virus reside? Am I contagious just like regular genital herpes? I'm confused.

georgiagail responded:
Typically HSV-1 is connected to outbreaks in the oral cavity while HSV-2 involves outbreaks in the genital regions but remember that this is not ALWAYS the case.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.