Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

BV, Herpes or blocked pore??? scared and confused!!!!
An_256716 posted:
I will try to make this short. A year ago I was diagnosed with Bacteria vaginosis. Well i tried every med that is available to cure bv with no success. I even tried boric acid. A few times I had a smelly discharge but for the entire year my main symptom is burning. Last week after a 7 day coarse of clindomyicin (sorry can't spell) it seemed to finally go away.

Last night while cleaning my V in the shower I felt a sharp hair and tiny lump. Wasn't red, swollen and only hurt when I touched it. Well I could not just leave it alone so I got my husband to grab the twizzers and try to pull the hair out. He got it out because I couldn't feel the stable anymore. But then he squeezed it, but nothing came out. I decided at that point to just go to bed and look at it in the morning.

So this morning I ran to the bathroom to look. I noticed a tiny bump. Probably a little bigger then a sesame seed. It is a little red. No fluid is coming out. But it hurts so bad! And now the burning symptoms are coming back.

I ran to an urgent care doctor because my gyn couldn't see me. He said it looked like a blocked hair follicle. But warned me if I develop more or if it gets worse to come back or see my gyn.

In addition to all this my armpits have been killing me and I developed neuropathy on my thighs.

The last year of my life has sucked. I've been distant and barley living life.

Husband and I split a year and half ago and I did have unprotected sex with a man that I have known for years.

I have been tested for everything and I mean everything!
Hiv
Chlymedia, gonareha, trichomoniasis (again sorry can't spell)
Hep A B C
Syphilis
Lupus
All tests were negative.

I do have low blood sugar and have vitamin D deficiency. Oh and an elevated white count.

Pls anyone out there if you can please help me!!!!!!

georgiagail responded:
Sounds like a sebaceous cyst from an irritated hair follicle. These can be pretty uncomfortable.

Gail

An_256716 replied to georgiagail's response:
Thanks 4 the reply Gail! I forgot to mention I also had a blood test for HIV 1 and 2 both came back negative. Now I know I have HSV 1 because I get cold sores on my mouth. So I have no faith in herpes blood test.

I will have to Google sebaceous cyst. I don't know what it is or how to treat it. Doesn't sound dangerous.

This morning the pain is pretty much gone. But I'm still going to spend the day wearing basketball shorts.

I think my real problem is I allow my anxiety to completely take over. I did it with hiv testing also. Still to this day I fear I have hiv. Even though I've tested negative. I just want to be normal.

Gyn said all my bv cultures came back negative. But when she looks at my V fluid under the microscope she sees clue cells.
But I'm done with antibiotics . I've been on them for almost a year. Could bv cause sebaceous cyst? Is chronic bv a symptom of hiv?

An_256716 replied to An_256716's response:
Typo first sentence I meant to say HSV not hiv.

georgiagail replied to An_256716's response:
No, chronic bacteria vaginosis is not a symptom of herpes simplex. Remember that BV is a bacterial based infection;HSV is a viral based infection; two different "critters" entirely.

Here's a good description of a sebaceous cyst:
http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/sebaceous-cysts/basics/definition/con-20031599

Often they are not painful but if they develop a "cheesy" material (gross) and swell a bit they can be uncomfortable, especially in the area you are talking about. Think along of the line of a pimple that, until it drains, is bothersome.

Gail

An_256819 responded:
As a primary care physician, I sympathize with your situation as I have a number of patients with symptoms which cover many of the organs of the body. If the HSV test was negative at least 6 weeks after your genital lesion, you likely don't have HSV II (although HSV I can appear in the genitals). Vitamin D deficiency is easy to correct. Take 4000 u of vit D3 daily and get some some on bare skin every day possible before 10 or after 3 (15 minutes on bare arms) Your level will jump to between 40 and 70 which may help your immune system function better. As to the other issues you raise, it is not possible to comment intelligently on the multitude of possibilities evoked by your symptoms. I only hope you have a primary care doctor who can help you sort them out and work through to a livable answer.

Helpful Tips

understanding
I'M A 44 YR OLD MOTHER WHO HAS BEEN MARRIED FOR ALMOST EIGHT YRS. MY HUSBAND IS CURRENTLY LOCKED UP AND I HAVEN'T BEEN WITH ANYBODY FOR 9 ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 2 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.