Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Worried HIV symtoms?
Anon_161859 posted:
Bi sexual male that usually don't do anal if i do with a condom. About a week ago a condom broke while we were having anal sex. I was the bottom. The guy i was with said he did not ejaculate yet and actuallly did by hand job right after. I am worried about precum and i really don't know his status. I did come down with a small temp, chills, scratchy throat, and a stuffed up head. Lasted two and half days. When i blew my nose and coughed I gut up green/brownish mucas. Sorry for being gross but am worried this is the sign of being infected. I got sick 6 days after my incident. I get tested regularly and usually won't be tested for another 4 months but starting to let paranoia set in. I have performed unprotected oral but don't swallow don't even know if that makes a difference. Any advice would be appreciated. The guy i was with swears he gets tested and that he is std free. Thanks

georgiagail responded:
The first stage of HIV (known at ARS) tends to occur two to six weeks after transmission so your "symptoms" six days after the condom broke are a bit early. ARS symptoms are described as "flu like" in nature and tend to last about two weeks. What you had doesn't sound like this.

The estimated risk from unprotected receptive (that's you) is 50 per 10,000 exposures with a source KNOWN to carry the virus. Your risk would be less since 1. you cannot confirm your partners status and 2. the risk assumes that the intercourse was carried to completion (i.e., ejaculation actually took place).

If you remain concerned you can always ask him to get tested. If he tests negative (and his last unprotected encounter was at least 3 months prior to this event) he, of course, does not have the virus to pass on to you.

Good luck!

Gail

josephjoe replied to georgiagail's response:
Thank you for your quick response. I didn't think this was the right symptoms and was a little early but my mind goes wild. I have received mixed signals on oral. I have been told contracting HIV orally is unlikely and have been told just the opposite so i don't know the real answer. What is your opionion? Thats it for questions i promise

georgiagail replied to josephjoe's response:
Oral sex carries an extremely low risk of HIV transmission. Think along the lines of .5 to 1 per 10,000 exposures again with a source KNOWN to carry the virus.

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.