Skip to content

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Are these symptoms of std or just minor irritation?
laniemisalu posted:
I have been having unprotected sex with a male friend. The last time we did it was two weeks ago and we used a condom with spermicide. Last week, I suddenly started having itchy vulva. I tried OTC external vaginal cream but none worked. So far the only thing that soothes it is a cortisone cream. The relief was not instant but it does stop the itchiness for hours. I am going to make an appointment with my ob gyn to get tested as well. I have no discharge, no nasty odor, no blisters, no scabs, but a canker sore developed on the side of my mouth three days ago and I have never ever had one. It is dry now but still hurts a bit.

However, I just started using a new brand of thong pantiliners, I haven't been drinking a lot of water than normal, and the weather changed caused my lips to dry right away.
I asked him point blank today and he said he is clean but did not deny he has multiple sex partners and he thinks they are clean too cause he knows them.

I asked him to get tested.

Based on the symptoms I mentioned, am I just being paranoid?

Please no nasty answer. Thank you.">
However, I just started using a new brand of thong pantiliners, I haven't been drinking a lot of water than normal, and the weather changed caused my lips to dry right away.
I asked him point blank today and he said he is clean but did not deny he has multiple sex partners and he thinks they are clean too cause he knows them.

I asked him to get tested.

Based on the symptoms I mentioned, am I just being paranoid?

georgiagail responded:
There is absolutely no way to tell what is the cause of your symptoms. You do have a partner who has had a number of sexual partners and (I'm assuming) his experiences with them have involved unprotected intercourse.

Simply because someone knows someone is no guarantee they are STD free. Many STD's have subtle symptoms and there are lots of folks walking around infected and innocently unaware of this.

The only way to know for sure is through testing which (it sounds) you are planning on doing. This is the smart choice in this case. Good luck!

Gail

Helpful Tips

What are the tests to be done for finding out Sexually transmitted diseases
Dear Sir I what to know, what are the tests are required to be done for finding out the sexually transmitted diseases? Kindly give reply. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.