Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Useful Links!
Help Our Community Answer Your Questions Better By Including In Your Post: Gender, Have You Been Tested For An STD Yet?
Type Of STD Tests and Results? Any Medications To Control Your STD?

Black Circle Scabs On Penis
An_256918 posted:
Hi everyone,

About 3 days ago I noticed two black circle scabs on my penis, one on the shaft and near the head. A day after, they seemed to have multiply to about 10-15 small black circle scabs, very tiny, slightly larger than a pin prick. Is it possible that this is herpes? I have been with the same partner for over two years (this is my first partner). I never once had any kind of blisters. The scabs also do not itch, or emit pain.

Thanks

georgiagail responded:
These are not symptoms of herpes.

Gail

karter234 replied to georgiagail's response:
As an update, I went to three different walk-in clinics. Two immediately said herpes, and scraped the scabs to get a culture, and blood test. Another said that it is not herpes, mostly because of the sudden volume of scabs, lack of blisters, and lack of pain..... If it is not herpes, do you have any idea of what it could be?

Also, my girlfriend broke out in a similar rash near the buttocks at the same time, but the doctor diagnosed it as candida. THe doctor that said it was NOT herpes, said that mine is NOT candida....

Helpful Tips

How to Live With an STD
1. Be yourself, and be patient. No matter what situation it is you are going through, and don't ever let anyone make you feel bad about ... More
Was this Helpful?
32 of 39 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.